Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tweet Mac & Cheese [commercials]

Yesterday, Kraft Mac & Cheese ran a commercial ad which was based on a tweet which read, "Eating mac n cheese cause I cnt sleep." The commercial features two guys on a couch slipping in and out of dreams and questioning whether what they're experience at that moment -- the deliciousness of Kraft Mac & Cheese -- is a dream or reality. The commercial had two spots yesterday afternoon, Conan and Lopez Tonight.

I can appreciate the company's advertising efforts in taking a different approach in advertising since an objective of the brand is to more immerse itself in social media, but I do fee like the quality of the video could have been better and that it was rushed a little (the commercial was shot the day of). This ad won't leave an impression, in my opinion, on its consumers like the ad from January, which featured homeless man Ted Williams.

The other two commercials, which were also shot in the same day, were posted on the brand's Facebook page. The second commercial is especially lame, in my opinion.

http://mashable.com/2011/03/29/kraft-mac-cheese-ad-conan/

1 comment:

Lauren Beaubien said...

I think this is similar to the Wheat Thins commercials. I think they are pretty clever!