Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Skinny on Carl's Jr.

Carl's Jr. has teamed up with Men's Health to create new turkey burgers. The fast-food chain offers three styles of the burger, all under 500 calories.

Carl's Jr. and sister-chain, Hardees, will be the first fast-food chain to offer the healthier burgers. Carl's Jr. and Men's Health wanted to design a "healthy" fast-food burger. Carl's Jr. has not been know for healthy choices in the past felt that their customers were looking for a great-tasting burger available in a beef alternative.

To promote the new burger, Carl's Jr. created ad's that feature Miss Turkey, Gizem Memic, in a burger printed bikini.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/28/carls-jr-hardees-offer-turkey-burgers/

8 comments:

Amber Thomason said...

I'm glad Carl's Jr. is introducing the new, healthier option of a turkey burger to its menu. I'm not sure the lady in a burger printed bikini would make me want to buy it, but maybe if I were a guy I would be. I do think it is a creative and clever way to include Miss Turkey for this new turkey burger.

Erica said...

Good Idea, but I don't know if it will work. I know if I want fast food, I already know what I am getting. I don't think I will go for a healthy choice.

Allison Sheffield said...

I think it is a great idea for Carl's Jr. to come out with new healthier options. Although I would like to think that people will take advantage of these options, I'm just not sure that it will work.

Marlene Navarro said...

It would be great if other fast food restaurants followed in Carl's Jr. footsteps and provided healthier choices.

Lauren Beaubien said...

I am interested to see how well the turkey burgers sell and if the company will attract a new demographic.

KarliJ said...

I like that they're adding more alternatives to beef (I personally don't eat it... and miss Carl's Jr... just sayin'). I'm sure some people will go for the turkey alternative, but I'm thinking it will be females instead of males.

Mario20Gon said...

I don't know about the turkey burger for men. I don't think most men care as much about calories. I do like the Miss Turkey idea though.

Noelle White said...

Seeing as in how I don't eat my cow friends anymore because of the horrible nightmare I had involving one of my ellies and a piggy last September, I'm excited about a Turkey burger. I feel so guilty that I love pigs and cows more than I love turkeys and chickens. Sigh.