Monday, September 7, 2009

Radio Shack Changes Name

Radio Shack is no more. In this new age where people no longer have time to stop and smell the roses and must be able to update their facebook page while doing 80 down I-35, Radio Shack decided their name was ready for a makeover.

I don't like the new name. When I hear "The Shack," I think of a run-down store on the shore of some beach that sells those stupid shell necklaces and other useless that is populated with dirty hippy surfers, and nobody likes a dirty hippy surfer.

I asked my roommates what they thought about the new campaign, and one of them hadn't head about it yet.

"The Shack? Really? That's the best they got?" Said Chris Wilson, senior at Texas State.

The "The Shack" campaign was masterminded by Butler, Shine, Stern and Partners. a marketing firm based out of Sausalito, CA. Lucas Arts, Priceline.com and Chipotle are all clients of BSSP.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=111007

No comments: