Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pinterest is good for more than just looking...

http://www.prnewsonline.com/watercooler/Pinterest-Users-in-a-Buying-Mood_16314.html

PR News published a new article about online shopping preferences and how many online sales are coming in through companies using Pinterest. The article said one in four people have clicked on the sharing sites to make purchasing decisions.

"Pinterest is one of the top 10 most visited social networks and is growing at a faster rate than Twitter. That could very well lead to a whole lot of online consumers clicking on images in Pinterest with one hand, while clutching a credit card in the other," said Janet Helm, chief food & nutrition strategist for Weber Shandwick.

The article gives a few tips on how to gain sales from sites like Pinterest. I found this interesting because I am on Pinterest all the time and I have never actually purchased something I have seen on it product wise. I have made random crafts and such, but I have never used it to make purchases. What do you guys think about it?
Do ya'll/your friends buy things off Pinterest? 

No comments: