Thursday, September 30, 2010

Twitter: A VERY inexpensive, real-time focus group

The Most Influential Consumers Online are on Twitter

Brian Solis, an influential social media author, writes on how big companies are using Twitter because of it's interaction infrastructure. They realize that people are getting online and using social media to connect and talk about things they like and use. Companies can use this information as real-time focus groups and why shouldn't they? Especially with statistics like this:
In April 2010, Performics and ROI Research found that 33% of Twitter users share opinions about companies or products at least once per week. More so, 32% make recommendations while 30% seek guidance and direction.

Personally, I think companies are kidding themselves if they think they don't need a social media presence.

5 comments:

Maureen Dennis Schein said...

I would definitely agree with Allie. Companies that have skipped the social media avenue aren't just missing a turn; they're off the map.
Social media gives companies an up-to-the-minute ability to address situations or concerns. They can connect immediately with customers or the public with answers or responses.
On my company's FB page last week, I asked for plastic bags. I have too many now! I don't know where to put them all. I wondered how it would work, and I was impressed. People really do follow what is said. And, more impressive: they ACT.

Elissa Fontenot said...

I completely agree with what Allie and Maureen have said. Social media is a must for companies these days to catch new costumers attention and to keep the old costumers coming back.

Shannon Topper said...

I agree with Allie. Companies need social media to communicate with their customers. Where can customers be found? They are on Twitter and Facebook. With the use of social media, companies can be proactive and identify a problem and solve it before it blows up in the media.

Kelly Thomas said...

This proves the point that social media is what public relations should and is slowly turning to. Free advertising!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Friend,
I was searching the Internet and found your awesome blog.I have studies many trading books on the market,If read your this site this is very informative, and your site gives plenty of knowledge about Focus Groups.