Thursday, September 30, 2010

Watch out Steve Jobs, you have a 'Frenemy'!

Chelsea Kate Issacs, a journalism major from Long Island University, got her fifteen minutes of fame, not to mention a good story for her class project. According to CNN.com, Issacs' repeatedly attempted to contact Apple's PR department for a comment to include in her project before she took it straight to Steve Jobs himself. She was able to find Jobs' email address online and sent him a complaint. To her surprise, he fired back.

This is what she had to say:

"Mr. Jobs, I humbly ask why Apple is so wonderfully attentive to the needs of students, whether it be with the latest, greatest invention or the company's helpful customer service line, and yet, ironically, the Media Relations Department fails to answer any of my questions, which are, as I have repeatedly told them, essential to my academic performance."

His response:

"Our goals do not include helping you get a good grade. Sorry."

There has been some skeptisism aboout this story and Apple has not confirmed or denied the email exchange. Issacs', the self-proclaimed "Frenemy" of Jobs, has received a lot of media attention and even a few internship offers as a result of her story.
Steve Jobs' 'Frenemy' Strikes Back

4 comments:

B Barnett said...

Ha! I love Jobs. I hope it's true. His fiery comeback would make my day if it is true.

Way to standup for your company.

Megan Moede said...

It's sad to think that he used to be a "little guy" too, and it didn't seem important enough to help out someone. I wish he'd reach out and help the people who made him so big, or at least the people designated to help the public with questions like that.

caroline martinez said...

I don't think he is the one who replies back to his emails personally, imagine if he was...it would be a mess.. but whoever did "represent him" made a BIG mistake by doing this.

Matt Snyder said...

I don't think that was him. There's no way he could be that careless. I'm sure someone lost their 'job' over this.