Monday, October 4, 2010

CONNECT: ACL

This weekend is the Austin City Limits Music Festival; ACL made an application (iPhone and Android) for those going to the festival to manage their weekend fun. The app lets festival participants create a custom schedule and keep facebook and twitter updated as the weekend progresses. There is also ACL radio which allows artists to share their bios and music. For those that are not familiar with the layout of the event a map is included with the free app.

The best part about the app is that is comes with a "lighter" for all the rockers out there!

http://www.aclfestival.com/acl-news/2010-iphone-android-app/

6 comments:

amandap said...

Sounds fun! Are you going to get to try it out or did you end up selling all of your tickets?

Anonymous said...

I went to ACL last year and they had an app of the same sort. I was highly concerned about using my iPhone in the rain or dropping it in the mud, but the app was super helpful!

Val McElveen said...

I should get an iPhone just for the ACL app.

Ross said...

The app is alright. It has a cluttered design and low resolution graphics. The radio feature is pretty cool and the lighter is silly, but I'm sure a lot of people will use it.

Caroline Keaveny said...

Amanda- we sold 4 our of 6 of our tickets. Jay and Marissa are going. I sold mine so I have money for Hawaii! =)

HillaryTill said...

I think the app is a neat idea! It includes the schedule right?