Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I thought I was on American Apparel's website


In case you missed it, about two weeks ago Gap unveiled a redesigned, minimalistic logo. It was one that they thought was "a more contemporary, modern expression." One week later, they decided to revert to the original logo.

The reason? Major social media backlash.

Facebook and Twitter users had a lot to say about the change. Comments directed to the company, as well as to the graphic designers responsible were posted online. Someone even went so far as to create a fake Gap logo Twitter account, as well as Gap logo generators.

I think that it was a poorly planned decision on Gap's part to try to rebrand their image by changing the logo, a logo that is recognized and accepted world wide. At least they listen to their customers/fans.

Click here for the full article.

2 comments:

HillaryTill said...

I don't like the new Gap. The old logo was just find. They are trying to re-brand into an expensive store which isn't a good idea. I went to a Gap store this weekend looking for a jacket and the cheapest I could I find was $130! I was not happy about that and I think other customers will not be either!

Val McElveen said...

I agree with Hillary, the old Gap logo was better.