Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grammys Ratings Best in 10 Years

The Grammys award show boasted their best ratings since 2001 this year. Preliminary Nielsen figures Monday show the CBS broadcast attracted 26.6 million viewers, improving on year's audience by 680,000 viewers.

I can see why, the Grammys showed a high level of diversity among this years winners and performers alike. I, personally, was happy to see that Mumford and Sons not only took home an award, but performed as well! Arcade Fire took home album of the year, which is relatively rare for an indie artist. The normal Grammy players such as Lady Gaga, Rhianna, and Eminem were also there, making it appealing to most audiences.

Good for them! Hopefully this will show Grammy producers that the way to high ratings in the future is to model the show after this one!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/14/grammy-ratings-best-since-2001_n_822951.html

2 comments:

Amber Thomason said...

I really liked this year's Grammys, so I would have to agree with the ratings. I still don't know who Esperanza Spalding is though...

Noelle White said...

The Grammy's were LAME. Beyonce didn't perform and Bieber didn't win. Need I say more?

I AM A BELIBER!!!