Wednesday, February 23, 2011

J.C. Penney Co. changes logo


Above, the old logo.

Above, the new logo.

After 109 years, J.C. Penney Co. has decided it is time to change their logo. They hope the new design, which was created by a graphic design student at the University of Cincinnati, will give their company a more modern identity.

They don’t want to make the same mistake that Gap made last year, so they received submissions and ideas from employees, design agencies and two art schools.

The logo will be officially introduced during the Academy Awards next Sunday.

Source

2 comments:

Caitlyn Pesl said...

I like the old one better.

Amber Thomason said...

I think it is a good transition if J.C. Penney's now wants to be known as JCP. I know I have heard it called JCP, and I haven't heard it called Penney's since I was younger.