Saturday, February 26, 2011

Miracle Whip: Love it or hate it?

Kraft brand launched a campaign last week that features testimonials from people who either love or hate Miracle Whip. Then it welcomes viewers to post their own vote on the YouTube page. So far, lovers outnumber haters 6 to 1.

Celebrities who appear in this ad include Pauly D, Amy Sedaris and James Carville.

I think it is an interesting tactic to include consumers bashing on your product, especially celebrities. However, it does bring attention and gets people to talk about it.




Source: http://mashable.com/2011/02/22/pauly-d-miracle-whip/

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

Oh man! I am torn... Sometimes I need MW (yes, I just used their hip new abbreviation!) and sometimes I want the real thing! Booo.

Erica said...

I Love Mircle Whip. I really like the new campaign and the new "MW" logo. It confused me for a second at the grocery store, but it made me smile.

Oh, I like it way more than Jcpenny's new logo. :)

Anonymous said...

A couple of things come to mind when I think about this campaign.
1.) I think MW is extremely confident in their product. The main point they are pushing is for people to try it and then pick a side. I think they feel that if consumers try the product then they will like it.
2.) They are trying to create a very strong sense of brand loyalty among consumers. They are encouraging people who maybe even just "kinda like" MW to pick a side and be proud of their decision.
It's an interesting approach for a campaign, but it is bringing MW to the attention of a lot of people who may have just bought regular old mayo before. They may get a lot of new consumers trying their MW product, and in turn a lot of new loyal customers.