Thursday, September 15, 2011

Music feature to be added on Facebook

The Telegraph said the announcement of the new music feature on Facebook is expected to be announced on September 22 at the annual developer's conference. Facebook has teamed with Spotify, Mog and Rhapsody to create this new music feature. Facebook is using these companies as third party companies to provide the music, much like the company uses third parties to provide games and other apps. The hope is to Facebook is to make it your one stop social media site. Facebook wants users to use their site for online listening. On the other hand, some question the new addition, saying it may be the end of Facebook.

5 comments:

Abel Valencia said...

Is this going to be like MySpace's music feature back when we all used it? It was really annoying hearing everyone's music when I opened up the page.

carolyn_crawford said...

Oh, right! I remember the MySpace music. That would be an interesting addition, but I love hearing people's taste in music. However, I agree that it is annoying when the song keeps looping on refresh for someone's page.

Anita Santa-Coloma said...

I thought they already offered a music feature on Facebook for artists? I completely agree on the annoying part, it also makes computers lag, which makes it even more annoying.

Lori Jones said...

I think some of the more simplistic qualitites of Facebook are what give it its edge over MySpace. They might be over complicating it.

CortneyMarie said...

I think Facebook is trying to add and change too much. It is getting way to complicated, I like listening to music but not the beginning of the same song over and over again if you refresh.