Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Apple annouces Beatles now on iTunes

Many have been anticipating this mornings announcement from Apple's iTunes. Apple Inc. announced that it will sell music by The Beatles through its iTunes store, bringing one of the rock world's most famous holdouts to its online catalog. This will most likely give the Fab Four's record label a much-needed capital boost. The deal covers the band's 13 original studio albums and special box sets. Individual songs cost $1.29, most albums are priced at $12.99. The popular "White Album" also costs $19.99.

The iTunes software has grown from a simple media player into a vast electronic store that buyers of Apple's iPods, iPhones and iPads use to find music, movies, television shows and mobile applications to play on their devices.

I think Beatle fanatics have been awaiting this release and are probably super excited that the songs they listened to on vinyl for years are now available digitally through iTunes.

9 comments:

Megan Moede said...

It's awesome that the Beatles are on iTunes now.. but if you are a Beatles fan you probably already have them on your iPod.

Colter Ray said...

Finally, I can stop digging through my Dad's CD collection every time I think of another Beatles song I don't have.

Maureen Dennis Schein said...

YAY, for me. I'm lazy. Downloading iTunes is easier than uploading all my CDs. Big Beatles fan from WAAAAAY back.

Elissa Fontenot said...

I am so excited for this! My parents don't even have the Beatles music on CD they have them all on vinyl. I've wanted the Beatles on my iPod for so long!

OliviaTapley said...

I recently saw an ad with the Beatles now on iTunes. I really liked it. It looked modern!

Danika said...

I had no idea that the Beatles weren't on iTunes? That is really cool that now all of their albums are available to everyone!

Hillary said...

I love this. I'm kind of suprised something like this didn't happen sooner. Makes me wonder if they would approve!

James Cisneros said...

I just read an article where Paul McCartney says he's happy about it. I kind of figured The Beatles would have approved. They knew how to market themselves to appeal to a mass audience. What better way for artists and musicians to do that today than to put their music on iTunes?

Maureen Dennis Schein said...

New headline this morning: In just a week, Apple sold 450,000 Beatles albums/tunes! Cool.